Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday - Day of Our Lady

We continue to meditate on a beautiful poem of St Therese wrote in honour of Our Lady. Jesus loved and respected His Parents, in His human nature He was exceptionally pious Jew who was observing God's commandments in most perfect way giving us best example.


While waiting for Heaven, O my dear Mother,
I want to live with you, to follow you each day.


Mother, contemplating you, I joyfully immerse myself,
Discovering in your heart abysses of Love.
Your motherly gaze banishes all my fears.
It teaches me to cry, it teaches me to rejoice.
Instead of scorning pure and simple joys,
You want to share in them, you deign to bless them.
At Cana, seeing the married couple's anxiety
Which they cannot hide, for they have run out of wine,
In your concern you tell the Saviour,
Hoping for the help of his divine power.
Jesus seems at first to reject your prayer:
"Woman, what doe this matter," he answers, "to you and to me?"
But in the depth of is heart, He calls you his Mother,
And he works first miracle for you....

One day when sinners are listening to the doctrine
Of Him who would like to welcome them in Heaven,
Mary, I find you with them on the hill.
Soemone says to Jesus that you wish to see him.
Then, before the whole multitude, Your Divine Son
Shows us the immensity of his love for us.
He says: "Who is my brother and my sister and my Mother,
If not the one who does my will?"

O Immaculate Virgin, most tender of Mothers,
In listening to Jesus, you are not saddened.
But rejoice that He makes us understand
How our souls become his family here below.
Yes, you rejoice that he gives us his life,
The infinite treasures of his divinity!...
How can we not love you, O my dear Mother,
On seeing so much love and so much humility?

You love us, Mary, as jesus loves us,
And for us you accept being separated from Him.
To love is to give everything. It's to give oneself.
You wanted to prove this by remaining our support.
The Saviour knew your immense tenderness.
He knew the secrets of your maternal heart.
Refige of sinners, he leaves us to you
When He leaves the Cross to wait for us in Heaven.