Tuesday, October 31, 2006

SCRIPTURE CORNER

CHARITY AND THE CONTRARY VICES
fragments from "Scripture by Topic" - Originally titled "The Divine Armory of Holy Scripture" - 1943 edition - Angelus Press 2006

EXAMPLES OF CHARITY TOWARD OUR NEIGHBOUR part 2

With desire I have desired to eat this Pasch with you before I suffer. Luke 22:15
As the Father hath loved me, I also have loveth you. John 15:9
I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual grace, to strengthen you: that you is to say, that I may be comforted together in you by that which is common to us both, your faith and mine. Rom. 1:11
And I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that I have often purposed to come unto you, and have been hindered hitherto, that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles. Rom. 1:13
To the Greeks and to the barbarians, to the wise and to the unwise, I am a debtor. So (as much as is in me) I am ready to preach the gospel to you also that are at Rome. Rom. 1:14
Whereas I was free as to all, I made myself the servant of all, that I might gain the more. And I became to the Jews a Jew, that I might gain the Jews. To them that are under the law, as if I were under the law (whereas myself was not under the law), that I might gain them that were under the law. To them that were without the law, as if I were without the law (whereas I was not without the law of Christ), that I might gain them that were without the law. To the weak i became weak, that I might gain the weak. I became all things to all men, that I might save all. And I do all things for the gospel's sake, that i may be made partaker thereof. 1Cor 9:19-23