Sunday, October 01, 2006

SCRIPTURE CORNER

CHARITY AND THE CONTRARY VICES

fragments from "Scripture by Topic" - Originally titled "The Divine Armory of Holy Scripture" - 1943 edition - Angelus Press 2006

3.THE KEEPING OF GOD'S COMMANDMENTS THE PROOF OF OUR LOVE FOR HIM


He that keepeth his word, in him in very deed the charity of God is perfected; and by this we know that we are in him. 1 John 2:5
God is charity; and he that abideth in charity abideth in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:14
If you love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15
This is the charity of God, that we keep his commandments; and his commandments are not heavy. 1 John 5:3
This is charity, that we walk according to his commandments. 2 John 6
They that love God will keep his way. Ecclus. 2:18
You that love the Lord, hate evil. Ps. 96:10

4. FRUITS AND REAWARDS OF CHARITY

He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing. John 15:6
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me; he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father: and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. John 14:21
If any one love me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him: and we will come to him, and will make our abode with him John 14:23
I love them that love me; and they that in the morning early watch for me shall find me. Prov. 8:17
They that love God shall be filled with his law. Ecclus. 2:19
The love of God is honourable wisdom. Ecclus. 1:14
The eyes of God are upon them that love him.Ecclus. 34:15
He that loveth God shall obtain pardon for his sins by prayer, and shall refrain himself from them, and shall be heard in the prayer of days. Ecclus. 3:4
He loveth God that made him, and he gave him power over his enemies; and he will not utterly take away the seed of him that loveth the Lord. Ecclus. 47: 10, 24