Friday, October 20, 2006

SCRIPTURE CORNER

CHARITY AND THE CONTRARY VICES
fragments from "Scripture by Topic" - Originally titled "The Divine Armory of Holy Scripture" - 1943 edition - Angelus Press 2006

EXAMPLES OF CHARITY TOWARD GOD AND CHRIST OUR LORD
Either forgive them this trespass, or if thou do not, strike me out of the book thou hast written. Ex. 32:31
Why [asked Moses] hast thou emulation for me? O that all people might prophesy, and that the Lord would give them his Spirit! Num. 11:29
David said to the Lord, when he saw the angel striking people: It is I, I am he that have sinned; I have done wickedly . These that are the sheep, what have they done? Let thy hand, I beseech thee, be turned against me, and against my fahter's house. 2K. 24:17.
Thou knowest all things, and thou knowest that it was not out of pride and contempt, or any desire of glory, that I refused to worship the proud Aman; for I would willingly and readily, for the salvation of Israel, have kissed even the steps of his feet. Esth. 13:12
You know what great battles I and my brethren, and the house of my father, ahev fought for the laws and the sanctuary, and the distress that we have seen: by reason whereof all my brethren have lost their lives for Isreal's sake, and I am left alone. And now far be it from me to spare my life in any time of trouble: for I am not better than my brethren: I will avenge then my nation and the sancturay, and our childern and wives; for all the heathens are gathered together to destroy us out of mere malice. 1Mac. 13:3-6
I wished myself to be an anathema from Christ, for my brethren, who are my kinsmen according to the flesh. Rom. 9:3
You know I have kept back nothing that was profitable to you, but have preached it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house. Acts 20:20