Tuesday, November 28, 2006

SCRIPTURE CORNER

CHARITY AND THE CONTRARY VICES
fragments from "Scripture by Topic" - Originally titled "The Divine Armory of Holy Scripture" - 1943 edition - Angelus Press 2006

13. ACTS AND EFFECTS OF LOVE, OF WHICH SPIRITUAL JOY IS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS.Part 1.

The fruit of the Spirit is charity, joy. Gal. 5:22
The Kingdom of God is not meat and drink, but justice, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Rom. 14:17
The joy of the Lord is our strength. 2 Es. 8:10
My soul refused to be comforted. I remembered God, and was delighted, and was exercised, and my spirit swooned away. Ps. 76:3
There is no riches above the riches of the health of the body: and there is no pleasure above the joy of the heart. The joyfulness of the heart is the life of a man, and never-failing treasure of holiness: and the joy of a man is length of life. A cheerful and good heart is always feasting: for his banquets are prepared with diligence. Ecclus. 30:16, 23, 27
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, and my soul shall be joyful in my God: for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, and with the robe of justice he hath covered me, as a bridegroom decked with a crown, and as a bride adoerned with her jewels. Isa. 61:10
The voice of rejoicing and of salvation is in the tabernacles of the just. Ps. 117:15