Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary


Our Lady's Birthday! What a beautiful feast on which to become the bride of Christ, baby Mary a day old presenting His little flower to little Jesus! On that day everything was little except the graces I received, and the peace and joy I felt when evening came and I gazed up at the starry heavens, where I would soon be united to my divine Bridegroom in everalsting happiness. From the time I awoke in the morning I was filled with peace, and it was in the peace of God which surpasseth all understanding (Phil 4; 7) that I pronounced my holy vows. At the close of this beautiful day I laid my wreath, as is the custom, at Our Lady's feet without any feeling of sadness, for I felt that time would not lessen my hapiness. O Jesus, I only ask Thee to give me peace!....Peace, and above all a love that knows no bounds. (St Therese, The Story of a Soul)