Wednesday, September 01, 2021

St Teresa Margaet Redi


Carmelite Saint, St Teresa Margaret Redi, has some words to encourage the practice of recollection and the presence of God amid our daily duties:

“If we work here through obedience to God’s commands, it is impossible that He should destroy His own work in the soul....If we live and move in God, ... I do not think His company or love will desert us when we perform necessary external tasks, let alone constitute any obstacleto them....When I place everything in Love, Love will never abandon me. So I in my turn  abandon myself to the love of Jesus Christ with love for love, because His loving Heart desires to rule and reign in me, and of myself I would not know how to behave unless I place no obstacle to His acting in me.” Father, you unabled St Teresa Margaret Redi to draw untold resorces of humility and charity from the fountain-head, our Sviour. Through her prayers may we never be separated from the love of Christ. Grant this through our Lord, amen. After concluding prayer, Discalced Carmelite Proper Office.