Monday, August 24, 2020

Bl Mary of Jesus Crucified and her prayer for virtue, optional memoria - click to read more about her life


I saw a large flowerbed formed of several concentric circles. The first circle was planted with roses; the rose signifies charity and its thorns vigilance.
The second was covered with vines; the grape signifying love and the leaf mildness.
The third was sown with wheat, which signifies hope and confidence.
The center was all of violets, which signify true humility.
And in the center I made a throne, and I set Jesus upon it. And from under His feet comes a spring which says "Everything passes, everything flows by like water."
Beside the throne I plant pansies and ivy. The ivy says to me: "Cling to Jesus unceasingly." And the pansy says to me: "Think only of Jesus."

Lord Jesus, plant all these virtues in the depths of my heart, and by Your own power make them grow."

From "The Thoughts of Sister Mary of Jesus Crucified"