Sunday, October 18, 2009

Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost - click to read

Today we meditate with St Teresa on sin, repentance and life-giving Sacrament of Penance:

Many times the feeling of my great faults is tempered by the happiness experienced in the thought that the multitude of Your mercies may be known (I:65)

I found great consolation in sinners whom, after having been sinners, the Lord brought back to Himself. It seemed to me I could find help in them and that since the Lord had pardoned them he could also pardon me. (I:103)


Oh, what a good friend You make, my Lord! How you proceed by favouring and enduring...You take into account, my Lord, the times when they Love You, and in one instant of repentance You forget their offences. (I:97)


O my Jesus! What a sight it is when You through Your mercy return to offer Your hand and raise up a soul that has fallen in sin....How such a soul knows the multitude of Your grandeurs and mercies and its own misery! (I: 166, 67)